Revolutionising Resolutions January 3, 2009Posted by Mistress B in Ramblings.
I hate New Years Resolutions.
I don’t do them.
Don’t see the point in setting myself up for failure by resolving to accomplish a certain thing or list of things this year so I only do anti resolutions.
I think it’s good to have goals, things to work towards, but resolutions just seem…… well, not for me.
I do do some thing at the beginnings of most new years though and make myself a wish list.
My wish list might be things that I want to buy over the year or do or things that I’d like to try or learn.
This year’s wish list is about making our home more comfortable and continuing to look at self sufficiency.
To buy -
- a lounge with chaise
- dining chairs
- chest of drawers for kid’s rooms
- shelving for all kid’s rooms
- desk for Miss Lou’s room
- good desk chairs for everyone’s desks
- new bed linens for my bed
- extra outdoor furniture for entertaining
Most of the furniture we’ll be able to get from hubby’s work – all locally produced…….. which fits in nicely with one of ‘To Try’s’
To Do -
- continue with our backyard vege garden to grow more of our own produce
- build a small hothouse for propagating seeds/seedlings
- investigate and buy suitable fruit trees
- to sell some of my jewellery
- to help Miss Lou settle back in
- to help TJ improve his language skills
- to help CJ settle in to high school and develop good study habits
- to continue looking at ways to lower our living costs and utilise our finances better
- to help my mother document, record and put together the things she has collected re our family history in a format that pleases her
To Try -
- to purchase more of our household goods and groceries locally
- to buy organically made goods/produce where practical/possible
- to recycle more and reduce our household waste
- to make more of our own snacks/biscuits/treats/gifts/etc
- to make more of our own clothes
- to make my first quilt
To Learn -
- how to use my over-locker to it’s potential
- how to build and maintain my own website (coming soon)
So there you have it. The things that I’ll be aiming towards this coming year. What are you going to be aiming for?